Princess of Wales reveals she is undergoing cancer treatment - FT中文网
登录×
电子邮件/用户名
密码
记住我
请输入邮箱和密码进行绑定操作:
请输入手机号码,通过短信验证(目前仅支持中国大陆地区的手机号):
请您阅读我们的用户注册协议隐私权保护政策,点击下方按钮即视为您接受。
FT商学院

Princess of Wales reveals she is undergoing cancer treatment

Royal shares diagnosis after weeks of speculation over her long absence from public

Catherine, Princess of Wales, has said she is receiving treatment for cancer that was discovered after she underwent major abdominal surgery in January.

In a video clip recorded in Windsor on Wednesday, and released on Friday, the senior British royal said it had been “an incredibly tough couple of months” for her family, but insisted she was “well and getting stronger every day”.

She said: “In January, I underwent major abdominal surgery in London and at the time, it was thought that my condition was non-cancerous.

“The surgery was successful. However, tests after the operation found cancer had been present.”

The Princess of Wales said she was in the early stages of a course of preventative chemotherapy and that she and her family needed “time, space and privacy” while she completes the treatment.

Describing her “huge shock” upon discovering the news, she said that she and her husband William, Prince of Wales, had “been doing everything we can to process and manage this privately for the sake of our young family”, which had “taken time”.

King Charles III, who is also being treated for cancer, and Queen Camilla have been informed about the state of the princess’s health.

The princess said: “It has taken me time to recover from major surgery in order to start my treatment.

“But, most importantly, it has taken us time to explain everything to [their children] George, Charlotte and Louis in a way that is appropriate for them, and to reassure them that I am going to be OK.”

In her address, she thanked well-wishers for their support and told others suffering from cancer: “You are not alone.”

Her whereabouts and the state of her health have been the subject of frenzied speculation on social media in recent weeks given her absence from the public eye. Conspiracy theories spread after the Princess of Wales apologised for releasing a Mother’s Day family portrait which she had digitally altered.

The picture, which showed the princess with her three children in a family setting, was the first to be released by Kensington Palace since she underwent surgery. But several international picture agencies withdrew it from circulation citing evidence that it had been manipulated.

The palace had originally announced that Catherine would be stopping all public engagements until after Easter while she recovered.

Addressing questions about the resumption of her royal duties in the video clip, she said she looked forward “to being back when I am able, but for now I must focus on making a full recovery”.

Rishi Sunak, the UK prime minister, said his “thoughts are with” the princess and her family, adding that she enjoys the “love and support of the whole country” as she continues her recovery.

He commended her “tremendous bravery” for speaking out publicly and said she had been “unfairly treated” by some sections of the media around the world and on social media.

版权声明:本文版权归FT中文网所有,未经允许任何单位或个人不得转载,复制或以任何其他方式使用本文全部或部分,侵权必究。

特朗普为美国筑起一道保护主义屏障

关键问题是,特朗普能长期维持这些激进的贸易政策,还是会在经济、政治甚至法律压力下最终逆转这些政策。

马斯克否认在特朗普政府中的角色面临压力

威斯康星州最高法院选举失利后,领导所谓效率部门的职位被认为容易受到影响。

特朗普放出关税大招:普遍征税和针对性报复

美国总统征收的新关税将在全球供应链中引发冲击波。

马斯克的合并案存在严重的“等级膨胀”问题

X和xAI的巨大估值引起了人们的关注。

印尼新主权财富基金誓言将“像上市公司一样”透明

Danantara上月成立后一夜之间成为世界上最大的主权财富基金之一,但一直饱受管理和政治干预风险的困扰。

油价疲软加剧沙特大型项目建设压力

沙特阿拉伯准备解除减产措施,但这可能会危及其雄心勃勃的支出计划。
设置字号×
最小
较小
默认
较大
最大
分享×